- A round, fabulous ass. (I have a flat, square butt when I'm slimmer, so this is fun.)
- Blood pressure that's above the optimal range for the first time in my life. I'm older than in my last chunkier phase, which was pre-baby. My blood pressure has always skewed normal-low, so numbers above average were a big wake up call.
- A resting heart rate that is frighteningly high.
- A room full of clothes I can't wear.
So I'm going to add a lot more plant food to my daily meal plans. When I focus on that, I find the unhealthy foods phase themselves out. But being limited to cooking only on really good days, in my vocabulary, "meal plan" means "have food in the house that I can grab and put in my face." It's really easy for that to mean junky crap food. The solution is ridiculously easy:
- Buy vegetables.
- If good day, cut them into bite sizes & pop into fridge. If bad day, recruit husband to do this.
- On bad days, grab a bunch of them and some salsa or hummus.
- Put them in my face.
It was a grand insight to realize the obviousness of forgoing a detailed menu makeover in favor of easy-peasy-no-cheesy raw snacks. I'll post my progress as I get my diet recharged, and I'm thinking of recruiting a couple of vegan friends to guest post.
Eat and live yummy, bleaders. Summer produce is here! Get thee to a local farmer's market:)